Wednesday 10 January 2018

Engagement platter- 1st trail!!!

Heya Folks!!!

Its always exciting to work on something new that you haven't tried out before. Its also scary at the same time as someone has put immense trust in you to make something amazing for them.
When this order came in I was in 2 minds as I hadn't worked on something like this before.
 So here's the ring platter I had done long time back. The outline was precise- They wanted ring boxes with glitter and a lot of flowers but not much in 3 D. 
So I made a simple one with a wooden frame measuring 16.5 x6.5 inches. Using washi tape from Itsy bitsy I outlined the whole of the frame. 

The washi tape used here has a golden rose outline throughout and has a smooth texture. The base of the frame is covered with gesso and texture paste to improve the detailing in the base. I used golden coloured pearls in 10mm, 8mm, 6mm widths to make the outline in the frame. Used ring boxes with red velvet base and wrapped them with golden sequin lace. 
Used multiple jute and mulberry flowers to cover the whole of the frame. The chipboard accents are covered in golden paste. Printed the quote and stamped their names using printer and stamps from my stash respectively. The flowers are from Itsy bitsy again. To finish off I added accents of viva decor inka gold paste.
This was the first time I did something of this sorts and love it totally. Thankyou Nalini mam for the order mam.
Do leave me some feedback. Would love to hear what u think of this project.





thanks for stopping by :)

Lots of love
Pratyusha

No comments:

Post a Comment