Pratyusha here with a super quirky project this time, after all its made from the latest minion themed papers released by Bob n Betty
The moment I layed my eyes on these, I knew I wanted to make a wearable pair of shoes. I wear shoes most of the time to college as well so had an extra pair, which I haven’t used at all. So decided that this time I should make Minion Inspired shoes for myself.
The procedure is as follows:
1) I primed the canvas shoe with a coat of gesso.
2) Gave a base coat of Cadmium Yellow.
3) From the paper pack I cut out minions in different sizes and use decoupage matt glue to glue them to the sides of the canvas shoe.
4) For the tongue of the canvas shoe I cut out the pattern from the paper pack with blue background and yellow polka dots. I didn’t have to do much work here as the papers themselves have a lot of depth. I pasted the pattern again using decoupage matt glue.
5) Once everything was dry used Ochre yellow to put in some highlights.
6) Added black paint to accentuate the design and let everything dry overnight.
7) Gave a coat of water based varnish and let it dry
And tadaa…my own pair of decoupaged Minion shoes is ready to flaunt!!! I already wore it to a small party
Pratyusha here, with a brand new project with Bob n Betty’s Valentine release “No One But You”. Well, these papers are so apt for scrapbooking that I too finally jumped in that zone. Being a first-timer, I didn’t have to struggle much as the papers do half of your job, they are so complete in themselves that you hardly need to use stamps or stencils to give volume to your layouts.
Now comes the tricky part, the album construction….phew..! This album measures 4x6inches. As I am entirely new to the album making, I wanted to try out something very basic.
The outer cover is made from red cardstock of 220gsm. I layered elements from the diecut sheet (included in the collection). Used a chipboard frame that was heat embossed to match the red cardstock to add some sparkle!!!
The inner pages are pretty much simple. I made 8 pages in total. Few pages have pockets that could hold tags which were again cut from the die cut sheet in No one but you collection.
I added the papers as desired and chipboard elements to brighten up the scene!!
I am sure to develop more skills in album making in future to bring in more zing to this aspect