Sunday, 13 April 2014

IMAGINE- Typographical quilling project- 7th International order...

I have been doing name plaques for over 2 yrs now...But when I got this call from New Jersey I was in  for a surprise as this was not a order for a name plaque but an order for a personalized quilled plaque with the word IMAGINE to be quilled...
I knew I could do it, but figuring out how to do it was the actual challenge. IMAGINE- the word has wide array of possibilities, so I started jotting down random ideas that came to my mind in my book. After a lot of thought I narrowed it down to a single idea, then started the making of the quilled Imagine :)

This will be a picture loaded post showing you the various steps of the quilled piece in the making...

1)The first step was selecting the font, printing it on thick paper and cutting the letters out using a cutter and then sticking the cut letters onto the base sheet I chose. I deliberately chose grey as the base.

2)The second step was to do the outlining of the letters. I chose to do it with white. This took me 45 mins to finish.
3) Then I started to fill each letter Up..This is beehive technique but a bit modified version...

As the customer while ordering clearly mentioned that he wanted it to be colourful... I chose do it this way... Went from dark Violet to red colour... Not the Rainbow colours exactly but somewhat similar....thus this is the finished Imagine... Now it was time to work around the piece.

So I added felt clouds and stars and the quilled moon which I again used modified beehive to fill up.
after adding the felt clouds I again went around them using white paper strips to give a raised effect. This was the first project where I tried to integrate felt into the project and I am happy with the way it has turned out. As they say you can't be sure of something till you have tried it. So here goes a trial that turned out to be a good one. :) 

Here's the close up for the moon and stars :)

Then I decided to add a few flowers, so used basic shapes in quilling to make the flowers and added 
co-ordinated rhinestones to the flowers and the leaf scrolls.

Another angle of the flowers!!!

 The completed product. i really like how all the elements fell into place.

 Angled shots of the completed products

I comepleted this project in 30hrs!!!

This was my 7th international order. It went all the way to New Jersey. The customer is really happy with the results!!! Will post what the customer had to say about the plaques that were delivered in the next post as he ordered 2 plaques. :)

Entering this into 
Colour conceptions challenge- Anything but cards
BCG #49- Grown with love- used almost all the colours and for the garden elements used flowers and leaves!!
Pinque peacock chanllenges- #4 flowers- used quilling flowers


  1. This is fabulous!!! Love your colorful quilled project.
    Thank you so much for playing along with us at BGC :)

  2. It's amazing! So delicate and colourful!
    Thank you for playing along with us on the BGC#49

  3. Another gorgeous piece of art. The added Moon and Clouds are terrific!

    1. Thankyou. Used felt for the first tym in this kind of project,,, glad that it turned out well :)

  4. Thats some intricate quilling ! Really loved it !
    Thanks for playing with us at BGC Grown with love challenge !

  5. Such a pretty take on the challenge ...Love all the details :)
    Thank you so much for playing along with us @ BGC#49

  6. Wow... Amazing... thanks for joining the Flowers challenge at Pinque Peacock..

  7. I've never tried the art of quilling, but you certainly have it mastered. This is lovely. Thanks for joining the flower challenge at Pinque Peacock Challenges. Julie O, DT member

    1. Thanks Julie for appreciating the work so much... Means a lot to me :)
      And I have a long way to go still... There is so much more to do :)

  8. O my word this is so gorgeous! You did a fantastic job. TFS

  9. Replies
    1. Heya Shivani... Yes its framed now... and is in its new home in Newyork... I dont have a pic of it framed though :)