Friday 25 September 2015

Quilled decoupage jhumka's- A tutorial!!!

Heya folks,

I have been very reluctant to make jhumka's. I myself don't accessorize much so the last time I made jhumka was maybe 2 years ago for a order. 
This time I had my friends asking me to do them. So here I am with my attempt at quilling jhumka. Yup these are made completely from paper. I would love to hear what you all think of this attempt.

This is a pic loaded post and scroll till the end for the video tutorial for the Quilled Decoupage Jhumka's.

I had help from fellow crafter Janani who made a video to show me how to make the quilled dome bases. Thanks a ton gal :*

I initially used 3 mm strips now have shifted to 5mm strips to make the quilled dome bases. I am really happy with the way these Jhumka's are turning out.


 I started of with simple jhumka's. A classic combo of red with gold. Red Riot it is.



Then came in the idea for decoupaging on the jhumka surface. As its a dome I couldn't use bigger patterns so I searched my stash for the smallest flowers possible to make these. 
 The result is awesome and is loved by everyone.





Now for the best part of the post.
The video!!!


Here's a link to Janani's video for rolling and making the jhumka bases: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qc6hE2CVpcE

The list of materials used for making:
1) Quilling strips- 5mm from itsy bitsy
2) Quilling Slotted and needle tool from Shilpi
3) Mini mold by Quilled creations
4) Fevicol
5) Camlin's artists Gesso from itsy bitsy
6) Paintbrush
7) Decoupage tissue napkins collected over time
8) Scissors
9) Decoupage gloss glue by Artzone from itsy bitsy
10) Earring findings- various sources

Hope the video inspired you. Do share your feedback. Would love to hear what you think of it :)
And yes If the response is good. Will do videos on the other techniques too if and when I have holidays that is :P :D



Disclosure: I am not endorsing any particular product here and this is my opinion only. Individual opinions might differ!!!

Unless stated, all photos are the work of Pratyusha and are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

11 comments:

  1. Ty so mch Dear fr sharing helpful tutorial. Vry sweet of u 👍

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ty so mch Dear fr sharing helpful tutorial. Vry sweet of u 👍

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much dear for the wonderful tutorial.will try it today only

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the well explained and detailed video. The jhumkas are beautifullll :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank u soo much for the tutorial.. its wonderful and inspiring.. will surely try this technique :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great technique, awesome tutorial! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great technique, awesome tutorial! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great technique, awesome tutorial! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Prat
    Thank you so much for this amazing tutorial. I was able to try it out and amazing results. I have a follow up question. if I want to paste a tissue paper on the whole dome (not just the cut outs) - whats the best way to do it. As I am not able to figure out, how to stick on the whole dome, When I do there are overlaps and it does not look good. I would really appreciate your guidance.

    ReplyDelete